Tuesday 8 April 2008

Two New Articles To Look At

Just noticed that over on the left (at the bottom) I've listed my Round Rotherham pb incorrectly ... I ran that time in 2006 not 2007.

Stopped taking the colostrum now. My supplies have finished and I just don't know if it's doing me any good or not so I can't see the point really.

In today's 'Metro' newspaper there's an interesting piece on page 36 where the headline reads 'improving vision can help an athlete realise their full potential.' I can see the point of this in ball sports where it's obviously an advantage to be able to see the ball clearly and as early as possible but on reading the article it appears that it's also a good idea to be able to properly see cars, etc whilst out training (and judge their distance correctly). Of course this is purely from a safety viewpoint and there's no mention of it being able to help in actual competition ... an interesting idea though.

Also, in the latest Otley AC newsletter ... which can be seen at http://www.otleyac.co.uk/ ... there's a good piece by Bridget Barr about ChiRunning. I've seen books about this over the past year or so and thought that it may be a good idea to research this more thoroughly. Basically the idea is all about maintaining the proper posture whilst running and thus saving energy, cutting down on the stresses, etc.

Well worth investigating I think.

No comments: